WESTAF does not discriminate on the basis of disability in admission, access, or employment
Current Career Opportunities
ZAPP® Program Assistant – Temporary Employee
Issued May 2015 – Available Until Filled
The Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF), located in Denver, Colorado, is now accepting applications for the position of ZAPP® Program Assistant. This is a temporary full-time position with the opportunity for permanent full-time employment. The position begins May 15th and will be reassessed for potential full-time employment or termination of contract as of September 30.
WESTAF is a regional nonprofit arts service organization engaged in cultural policy work and an experienced developer of technology for the arts. ZAPPlication.org (ZAPP®) is an online application and jury system used by more than 700 arts festivals and 70,000 artists.
The individual in this position performs program and administrative support activities for the ZAPP® team in a fast-paced environment. Answering a multi-line telephone system, fielding telephone calls, word processing, filing, minor bookkeeping, and customer list maintenance are all daily duties expected of this position.
Responsibilities of the ZAPP® Program Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Processing client contracts and credit card or check payments;
- Providing customer support for new and existing clients via phone and email;
- Training new administrative clients to use the ZAPP® system;
- Execution of customer retention efforts;
- Basic record keeping and maintenance of physical and digital client files;
- Testing of system enhancements and basic reporting of system bugs; and
Assisting in the production support of the annual Arts Festival Conference.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A professional demeanor and positive approach to customer service;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or ongoing projects simultaneously;
- Project coordination skills to complete work objectives under limited supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Moderate degree of familiarity with online systems, general technology, and both PC and Mac hardware and software;
- Ability to prioritize work;
- The ability to recognize and solve problems quickly and effectively;
- Strong time management skills;
- An associate degree is preferred but not required.
Starting compensation ranges from $13.00 to $15.00 per hour for up to 37.5 hours a week until September 30th. If this position moves to permanent full time, salary and benefits will be reassessed.
Interested applicants should send a current resume and one-page cover letter outlining why you find the position desirable and the specific skills and experience you would bring to the position. These items should be sent, by email, under the subject line “ZAPP Program Assistant” to
For more information about the work of WESTAF, please visit www.westaf.org/technology. More information about the ZAPPlication® system can be found at www.zapplication.org. WESTAF is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.