WESTAF Regional Arts Resilience Fund
The COVID-19 pandemic is severely impacting arts and cultural organizations in the West. Findings from a WESTAF COVID-19 impact survey indicate that 54% of arts nonprofits in the western region have sustained total or severe losses in revenue over the last two months, 47% of arts nonprofits surveyed have reserves of less than three months, and 16% have no cash reserves at all. Arts nonprofits consider arts relief the most needed intervention to help them to mitigate the serious financial challenges they currently face as a result of the pandemic and, with Mellon support, WESTAF is able to address this need.
WESTAF, in partnership with The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will administer the US Regional Arts Resilience Fund relief and recovery grant to support arts organizations in the 13-state western region as an urgent response to the impact of COVID-19 on the nation’s arts organizations.
Nominations for the WESTAF Regional Arts Resilience Fund are now closed.
Nominations are currently being reviewed and organizations invited to apply will be contacted in August. Thank you to all the nominators across the region.
For additional information about the US Regional Arts Resilience Fund outside the WESTAF region, visit the links below:
- Arts Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, or the Native nations that share this geography)
- Mid America Arts Alliance (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texas)
- Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation (Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia, and West Virginia)
- New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island)
- South Arts (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee)
The United States Regional Arts Resilience Fund is an initiative of Arts Midwest and its peer United States Regional Arts Organizations Mid-America Arts Alliance, Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation, New England Foundation for the Arts, South Arts, and Western States Arts Federation made possible by The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.