The 2013 event took place on September 6 and was at Djerassi Resident Artists Program facilities in Woodside, California. Margot Knight, a former WESTAF trustee and current director of the Djerassi organization, made the Djerassi location and co-sponsorship possible. The Dinner-Vention was created and organized by Barry Hessenius (of Barry’s Blog), Shannon Daut, Executive Director of the Alaska State Council on the Arts, and WESTAF. The organizers used a small national advisory committee to select the participants.
- Salvador Acevedo, President, Contemporànea
- Tamara Alvardao, Director of Community Access and Engagement, School of Arts and Culture
- Marc Bamuthi Joseph, Director of Performing Arts, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- Kimberly Howard, Trust Manager, Oregon Cultural Trust
- Lex Leifheit, Executive Director, SOMArts
- Clayton Lord, Vice President for Local Advancement, Americans for the Arts
- Nina Simon, Director, Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History
- Devon Smith, Director of Social Media and Analytics, Threespot
- Kristin Thomson, Consultant, Future of Music Coalition
- Margy Waller, Senior Fellow, Topos Partnership
- Meiyin Wang, Associate Artistic Producer, Public Theater’s Under the Radar Festival
- Laura Zabel, Executive Director, Springboard for the Arts
2013 Discussion Topic:
Traditional audiences are declining and participation patterns are shifting seismically, which is having a deleterious impact on arts organization’s traditional revenue streams. How can we address this pattern on a macro scale? What would a new movement around the arts look like? In any discussion of that topic, issues of:
- The theory of engagement (community or otherwise)
- Research, metrics and data
- Issues of technology and access to art
To find more information on the 2013 Dinner-Vention, visit Barry’s Blog.
Click here to view all video from the 2013 Dinner-Vention.